Top 10 finance jobs in Indonesia in 2023
State of finance sector in Indonesia in 2023
The financial sector in Indonesia has experienced considerable rises and falls in the last 2 decades. In 1997, the Asian Financial Crisis hit Indonesia hard as it caused the value of the Indonesian rupiah to plummet and many businesses to fail. In response to the crisis, the Indonesian government took steps to rebuild and modernize the financial system which included restructuring the banking sector, creating a deposit insurance scheme, and improving financial supervision. Financial inclusion, payment systems, and disaster risk finance have further strengthened the financial sector, enabling it to support the real economy even during challenging times, like the pandemic.
The financial services sector in Indonesia is growing rapidly in 2023, and it's getting more advanced as new players explore exciting opportunities in this dynamic nation. Indonesia will continue to develop its financial system to break the middle-income ceiling. Both private companies and governmental organizations are in search of competent professionals to meet the increasing demand.
Most common finance jobs in Indonesia
In the first half of 2022, a notable shift occurred in the region: digital financial services surpassed e-commerce in securing funding and capital raising, highlighting the promising opportunities in this market and the job structure.
10 most commonly advertised finance jobs in Indonesia normally include the following positions:
- Credit Analyst
- Finance Operations Stuff or Finance Officer
- Finance Coordinator
- Coprorate Finance & Treasury
- Finance Associate
- Business Development Manager
- IT Manager with experience in Finance
- Business controller
- Financial planning and Analyst manager
Top companies to find finance jobs in Indonesia
Here’s the list of top companies operating and posting finance jobs operating in Indonesia. The list includess local and regional banks, oil companies, e-commerce, travel services and others.
- Bank Central Asia (BCA)
- Bank Mandiri
- Bank Rakyat Indonesia (BRI)
- Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI)
- Astra International
- Telkom Indonesia
- Unilever Indonesia
- Indofood CBP
- Astra Agro Lestari
- Adaro Energy
Apart from the local and regional companies, Indonesia has representatives and offices of the top world international businesses searching for financial professionals (Electrolux, Unilever, Johnson&Johnson and etc.).
Requirements for finance jobs in Indonesia
- Possess a Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or related disciplines.
- Proficient in bookkeeping practices.
- Familiarity with accounting rules and legislation, as well as accounting terminology and filing systems.
- For IT professionals, expertise in finance, education, or relevant prior experience is necessary.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the Southeast Asia market.
- Strong understanding of relevant legislation and regulations in Indonesia.
- Hold ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, or similar qualifications.
- Familiarity with Treasury systems, cash management, and process flows.
Check the list of the finance positions available in Workclass to land your best job in financial sector in Indonesia.