Barista cum Baker
Al-Futtaim Group of Companies - Singapore
$1600 to $1800 (monthly)
- Prepares and sell coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as expresso, café latte, cappuccino and etc.
- Welcome customers by determining their coffee interests and needs, making recommendations and providing exceptional customer service.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customer for cues.
- Maintains a clean and organized workplace so that peers can locate resources and product as needed
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; maintaining supplies, pastries and cookies at coffee bar.
- Decorating and displaying finished products.
- Keeping records relating to deliveries, inventory and production levels.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization TSL requirement.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions and performing preventive maintenance.
- Ensure the hygiene standards and food safety policy is adhere at all time.
- Ensure the freezers, refrigerators or heating equipment is in functioning condition.
- Assist in collection of payment at cashier counter when required.
- Assist in stock management.
- Feedback to Store Manager on customers’ feedback, stock supplies or any area of improvement.
- Clean and sanitize work areas and equipment regularly in accordance to TSL requirement.
- Any other ad-hoc duties given by managers
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and OPPORTUNITIES
- On-job training and promising career development opportunities within M&S
- Possess a pleasant and cheerful disposition
- Able to work on rotating shifts, weekends and public holiday
- Conversant in English
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.