Chef de Partie/Cook
Global Ocean Distribution Pte Ltd - Circular Road, Singapore
$2000 to $3000 (monthly)
- Prepare and cook assigned dishes for serving according to the menu
- Assist Sous Chef to develop new dishes and menus.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Keep kitchen area, processing equipment, and cooking utensils clean and sanitized at all time
- Process all food according to companies and government regulatory control
- Ensure safe operations of all equipment and report any faulty equipment to superior immediately
- Ensure sufficient stocks are in storage & food placed in appropriate containers.
- Ensure all kitchen equipment and tools are used safely, correctly and kept in good condition at all times.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene
- Assist in packing and repacking of products during non-busy hours
- Perform any other duties assign by the Management and as assigned by immediate superior
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate/NITEC
- At least 1-2 years of relevant work experience in Japanese restaurant
- Good knowledge of various sushi types
- Experience in handling sashimi /raw seafood
- Enjoy cooking and willingness to learn
- Able to communicate skills and team player
- Cheerful and self-motivated with positive working attitude
- Obtain a valid Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Knowledge of food hygiene and preparation standards
- Able to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to long hours, weekends and Public Holidays
- Fluent in English & Mandarin. Knowledge of Japanese language will be an advantage
- Have a well-groomed and professional appearance
- Able to commence work immediately