Senior ABAP Consultant (with BW and HANA skills)
Period: 6 months Contract (extendable)
Gross Salary: Up to $8,000 monthly + 1 day paid leave per month
This is a SAP project delivery-focused role, managing complex SAP ERP implementation & configuration. Consultant must be able to travel frequently locally.
- Design, configuration, design, development and customization using SAP ABAP + BW and HANA
- Work closely with SAP functional consultant to deliver, maintain, troubleshoot and enhance SAP functionality.
- ETL Development, investigation and defect fixing and analyse an existing ETL flow to understand the process.
- Investigate and fix existing HANA Models
- Implement complex ETL logic that cannot be handled by BW mapping options, as well as ABAP-based DataSource. Investigate and debug existing ABAP routines/logic.
- Troubleshooting an existing BEx query for a Report issue before even investigating the underlying BW model.
- Design and develop program based on the functional requirements.
- Prepares technical designs document and unit testing.
- Proposes, robust solution to meet the functional needs.
- Builds professional relationships with team members and clients, to ensure delivery of proposed solutions.
- Must have more than 6 years of ABAP and Workflow development experience with SAP BW and HANA.
- Preferred to have Insurance Industry Knowledge
- Good knowledge & experience in BW Modelling, ABAP on HANA, Eclipse/HANA Studio, HANA SQL(SQLScript), HANA Stored Procedures, Personas, Business Rules Framework(BRF+), BEx Query design, Version Control(CTS) and Master Data Governance Development (MDG)
- Must have a good knowledge to use excel to analyse data sets, troubleshoot data errors, aggregate, find patterns, data crunching in general.
- Must have at least 3 full cycle of major SAP project implementation
- Strong technical skills in all areas of the ABAP workbench including: List, interactive, & ALV reporting; BAPIs and BDC scripts; SAPscript & SMART Forms; Adobe Forms; Dialog Programming; User-Exits & Customer Enhancements; Performance Tuning; ABAP Objects; Workflow; Analyzing ABAP logs/dumps; Researching SAP Notes
- Experience with developing interfaces between SAP and non-SAP applications
- Ability to co-ordinate and interact with multiple teams to help resolve complex technical issues.
- Able to start in a short notice period