The Marketer closely supports the sales organization of an assigned geographic region with pricing and promotions of a specific group of electronic components. The Marketer identifies and reacts to market trends, holds profit margin accountability, interfaces and negotiates with suppliers, prepares daily quotations, pricing and gross profit reports.
- Evaluate sales opportunities (via phone, e-mail, or bills of material) and establish market resale prices to Sales through quoting competitively.
- Responsible for profitability, growth and inventory levels of assigned product classes.
- Negotiate special pricing with suppliers.
- Provide Sales with Marketing information and tools necessary to support the customer.
- Monitor and control the release of orders.
- Analyze and interpret reports that help administrate the business.
- Drive and develop the product area with Sales and Customers.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets and profitability.
- Quoting to win and in a timely manner for key branch customer opportunities.
- Work with suppliers and the sales organization on daily requirements.
- Responsible for overall margin for assigned Product classes.
- Obtain and enforce Ship & Debit program wherever relevant.
- Monitor backorder register on a daily basis.
- Authorize customer back order changes and cancellations.
- Authorize price releases.
- Minimum Diploma/Degree in Engineering or relevant Business certification
- At least 1 year work experience in Electronics distribution sector
- Candidate with more work experience(s) may be considered for Senior role
- Strong business acumen with a flair for figures
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, V-lookup)
- Ability to handle stress
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.