20 Work From Home Quotes to Make You Stay Motivated
Share our post
Share our post
20 Work From Home Quotes to Make You Stay Motivated - Work From Home (WFH) as a new style of working is maybe one of the most effective approaches for many companies as the solution in the pandemic era. In this kind of situation, many employees are asked to move from their office to the limited space in their home to get done their work remotely.
Besides the contrast working place where they work, the daily interaction with their colleagues also becomes limited, so many of them see work from home as more challenging for them.
To be more productive and to give maximum potential during work from home you have to stay motivated in finishing your job by understanding the values of integrity and the strong reason to avoid procrastination is your biggest enemy during work from home.
Sometimes, those motivations come from some quotes from famous and influential people who give us inspiration and more energy to beat laziness and finish our work in time. If you do not have time and have not found those quotes yet, do not worry, this article has delivered 20 amazing work from home quotes to boost your motivation in the following.
1. “Use your creativity to attack the mundane tasks in life that can sometimes cause anxiety and keep you from achieving the major milestones that are necessary for your success.” ~ Dr.Tasha Holland-Kornegay
To be productive is sometimes really challenging and frustrating at the same time. However, Dr. Tasha Holland-Kornegay, an author, speaker, and mental health professional in this quote explains that as long as we use our creativity to tackle every mundane and difficult task for our successful careers.
2. “Wake up and get ready just like you're going to work. If you stay in your slippers all day you will not be as productive.” ~ Elijah Schneider
Despite working from home giving us the flexibility in working, you still have to be ready and also wake up early to work just like when we go to our offline office. Elijah Schneider, A CEO and also the founder of Modifly tells us that little things take a shower and getting up early to work can make us stay productive.
3. “Start small and dream big.” ~ Robert T. Kiyosaki
An author, and businessman, Robert T. Kiyosaki, inspires us that Switching our workplace from the office with many people to the silent room in our home maybe feels awkward for us. Sometimes other people will see that it is not worth enough for us because we work from a small space like our home, yet they cannot judge your dream because someday it will come true.
4. “Keep a team chatroom open. There is nothing more important in a group remote project than casual communication. Not just official emails and work updates, but the ability to sit back and chat.” ~ David Rabin
Doing primary tasks such as official emails or work updates is very important in our job. Nevertheless, a neuroscientist, David Rabin believes that another important thing is by keeping a casual communication with our colleagues to free us from the pressure and boredom during working.
5. “I think ideas like remote working and distributed teams are opening our eyes to a whole new world of possibilities, where we can fit work into our lives in a way that makes sense to us and be happy and productive at the same time.” ~ Michael Eramus
We could not agree more with Michael Erasmus, a data lead at Buffer.com who convinces all of us that working remotely and working from home gives us a new perspective and possibilities to fit our job’s routines with our daily lives. Moreover, it also makes us happier and more productive in doing our job.
6. “The option to work from home when needed, or to try a different lifestyle without having to change jobs, is a win for everyone.” ~ Scott Berkun
A strong message from Scott Berkun, a former remote team leader at WordPress and an author who believes that doing work from home provides a new lifestyle for the employees. It is also a rare opportunity for the employees to be more flexible and very effective to work in their current job.
7. “Sometimes I challenge myself to get all my work done by noon. A short deadline can do wonders for your focus!” ~ Belle Cooper
The boredom that hits during work from home is one of the most challenging obstacles you must face daily. The co-founder of Exist and a personal analytics platform, Belle Cooper wrote in her article that making a short deadline is very helpful to increase our focus. She often tries to challenge herself to finish her work at a particular time to keep her commitment and focus.
8. “We like to give people the freedom to work where they want, safe in the knowledge that they have the drive and expertise to perform excellently, whether they [are] at their desk or in their kitchen. Yours truly has never worked out of an office, and never will.” ~ Richard Branson
As a founder and chairman of Virgin, Richard Branson believes that the freedom and flexibility of working are so precious for many people. That is why the privilege to work wherever we want especially work from home helps us a lot because we can perform our best and be more productive in our job.
9. “Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they started.” ~ David Allen
A productivity consultant, David Allen believes that to be free from stress and pressure, whatever happens, we must finish the job that we have started. That is why despite having the freedom and flexibility in work, those who work from home must also have integrity and responsibility to get their tasks done.
10. “Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give to those who dream and work.” ~ A.P.J Abdul Kalam
Working at home must be incredibly lonely and sometimes we lose the motivation in doing all our tasks because we don’t have anyone to talk to. For you who feel that way, it is ok, A.P.J Abdul Kalam once said that in loneliness we are not completely alone, if we have a dream and work hard for it, we will realize that the universe is always there for us.
Read More:10 Saving Money Quotes
11. “We can get talent anywhere. There’s a lot of folks out there that do not want to move to San Francisco. They feel comfortable working in a much smaller office or just home.” ~ Jack Dorsey
You don’t have to move to certain places to be successful in your career. All of us must agree with Jack Dorsey, the co-founder and former CEO of Twitter that talent can be found anywhere. Even if you work from your own home, you can still feel comfortable in your work and you can also be more productive in achieving your dream.
12. “Working from home is everyone’s dream, right? Having your morning coffee in your PJs while you check your email and sales stats is the best job ever. But this ideal world will not be all that it is cracked up to be if you lack the discipline to stay focused.” ~ John Duffee
As an author of a book called Work from home in 2020: How to stay calm and productive when working remotely, John Duffee understands that when doing work from home we can use the informal suit as comfortably as we can, and indeed, we have the flexibility in doing our tasks. However, one thing for sure is that we must be focused and have the discipline to finish our responsibilities in time.
13. “People are more productive working at home than people would have expected. Some people thought that everything was just going to fall apart, and it hasn’t.” ~ Mark Zuckerberg
The bunch of challenges during work from home make many people think that this approach does not work well. Despite everything, the co-founder of Meta Platforms, Mark Zuckerberg thinks otherwise. He believes that those who work from home have more productivity in their work because we can have more freedom and creativity in our own homes.
Read More: 50 Motivational First Day at Work Quotes
14. “Successfully working from home is a skill, just like programming, designing or writing. It takes time and commitment to develop that skill, and the traditional office culture doesn’t give us any reason to do that.” ~ Alex Turnbull.
We agree with the CEO and the founder of Groove, Alex Turnbull who believes that the independence of the employees who work from home provides an opportunity for us to learn and master new things that can be useful for us. Of course, those skills can be mastered well if you want to take your time and have a strong commitment to them.
15. “Establish a pre-work routine and an after-work routine. Working in the same place where you wake up, eat, and sleep can make anyone go crazy without proper boundaries in place.” ~ Marissa Owens.
We could not agree more with Marissa Owens, a freelancer and a featured writer for Opportunity Business Loans. She has a faith that the best way to keep sane during work from home is by establishing a pre and after-work routine because you know that without boundaries your daily activity would be so boring and stressful at the same time.
16. “Distractions lurk everywhere. It’s easy to get lured into social media chats, get carried away by research, or clean the bathroom instead of working. It helps to mentally hire yourself for specific work hours, and stick to it.” ~ Rayne Hall
During work from home, it is a common thing that we often get so many distractions that ruin our focus on our job. Case of that, a fiction writer, Rayne Hall believes that we can get our best potential when we have specific working hours to get our job done consistently.
17. “Many people work from home these days and if you can set boundaries so that you have a workspace that is respected, this helps you to be able to live in harmony and still manage to make your living without the added stress of noise.”- Jeffrey Dawson
Stability is an important key during work from home. Jeffrey Dawson, the author of ‘Boundaries: Line Between Right And Wrong’ believes that if you can set the boundaries between your work and other agendas in your home, you can have that stability and live peacefully without abandoning your job.
18. “The ability to be alone with your thoughts is, in fact, one of the key advantages of working remotely.”- Jason Fried
If you are still unmotivated in your work from home tasks, remember this convincing quote from Jason Fried, the author of Remote: ‘Office Not Required above’ that being alone when working remotely in your home is not an issue yet it is a great advantage for all of us.
19. “Not everyone has an office, so it’s all right to work at your dining room table or couch. My advice is to try and create some space between the places you are working and the places you are relaxing.” ~ Hailley Griffis.
Working from home helps you work flexibly everywhere in every part of your home. However, for Buffer’s communications lead, Hailley Griffis, the best way to do that is to give some separate space for working and relaxing so you can still focus and keep giving maximum effort to your work.
20. “A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.” ~ Bill Watterson, There's Treasure Everywhere
To beat procrastination as one of the biggest enemies during work, we could not agree more with Bill Watterson, an American cartoonist. He believes that we should not avoid and postpone our responsibilities in our job because we will be very proud of ourselves when we can finish it in time.
Doing work from home brings us the freedom and a new way to work flexibly in our job, while at the same time also bringing challenges such as boredom, distractions, and unmotivated feeling that affect our working performance.
Moreover, this way of work reduces the essential factors that boost employees’ productivity and create an enjoyable working atmosphere such as face-to-face interaction, team bonding, and indeed the culture of the workplace.
The stress, the pressure because of the increasing tasks, and sometimes the lack of inspiration and motivation have become the common obstacles that the employees have to face when they work from home.
Therefore, understanding the essence of work from home and reading inspiring words from many outstanding people will make us stay motivated and prepared to finish our responsibility and keep our professionalism in our job.
Share our post
Digital Marketing Executive
For more information or enquiries, please contact Rahmad at firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore other topics: