How To Earn Extra Money in Singapore
- **Become an online translator** If learning you can speak more than 2 or 3 languages or if learning a new language is your hobby, why not use it to earn some extra cash? It is possible to generate money as an online translation on the internet. Here’s what you need to know if you want to pursue this increasingly common – and lucrative – career path. Since the beginning of the era of globalization, the demand for people with language skills has increased. Today's translation industry has more opportunities than ever before, with tens of thousands of multinational companies operating around the world. Companies and writers who want to reach a larger audience can hire you as an online translator to help them do so. As a child, were you ever taught how to speak your mother tongue? Put them to good use and earn money from it! You can easily make $10 to $150 or more per assignment by doing translation work from the comfort of your own home. As a result, the more quickly you complete tasks, the more you earn money online. Due to the nature of the work, you can take on the work in your free time or on weekends. Perhaps learning mandarin at school wasn't a bad idea!
- **Freelance** It is not a new trend and this is the most common side hustle that people do to gain extra income. Perhaps you enjoy writing, graphic design or managing social media accounts in your spare time. There are endless freelance jobs that require certain skills or just time that someone else might not have. Freelancing is very flexible and you can work from home for clients around the world with just an internet connection. You can network with local businesses or within your area to become a freelance writer, editor, graphic designer or photographer and set your own hours. An example of a freelance job you could so is a transcriptionist. If you have good listening skills and attention to detail, consider becoming a transcriptionist. With an abundance of podcasts, YouTube videos and movies, many creators need transcribed copies of their work. Law and medical firms often hire transcribers for patient records or legal proceedings. You get paid either by the hour or the number of files to listen to audio files and convert what you hear into a text format. You can still have a passive income while doing freelance, meaning that you can do your full time job and freelancing at the same time. This way you can both make more money and save money too. The rates vary, depending on the task and your skill but you can earn up to SGD 75 per hour for working on one task. Check out Freelancer, Upwork, Toptal, and Fiverr for freelance jobs.
- **Illustration and Graphic Design** Let’s start with the most obvious approach. Yes, freelancing as a graphic designer is the finest way to make money both online and offline. If you want to be a professional designer, you need more than an online course and some YouTube tutorials. It takes more effort to do what you are doing and give it your name. What you need to succeed in the design industry: Discover your area of expertise! Or you can choose a specific area of graphic design and spend your free time and effort learning as much as you can about it through online courses. There are companies who will hire you to create graphics for them! You can earn a few hundred dollars ranging from $20 to $200+ on any given task, which includes everything from logos to posters. To earn more money, you’ll need to have a solid portfolio. If you’re good at what you do, you’ll get more clients who will pay you good money! Freelancing networks are a good place to locate writing assignments, too. Before upgrading to a premium programme like Photoshop, you may get by with free tools like Canva and Gimp.
- **Food delivery driver** You can sign up to be a food delivery driver, there are a few apps you can use such as Grab, Deliveroo, and Foodpanda. According to Glassdoor data, food delivery drivers can earn up to SGD 20 per hour. Due to pandemic, many restaurants are not allowed to let their customers dine in, so take-outs or online orders have been growing at a rapid pace and the demand for delivery drivers has increased a lot too. Driving for Uber Eats , Grubhub or Postmates is a great way to make extra money in your free time just by delivering food to hungry clients. You can browse job sites to find side jobs you can do on evenings and weekends.
- **Online business** Do you have a special talent? Don’t rule out the possibility of teaching or designing online courses! For $50 to $1,000, you may sell courses on online platforms such as Udemy, Skillshare, and LearnWorlds or even your own website, if you have a passion for photography or baking! Becoming a tutor is a great way to earn money for you who likes to teach, master certain subjects and perhaps you have a full time job being a teacher. Earn Passive Income as an Online tutor. It depends on the student's education level but you can earn up to SGD 120 by tutoring. The highest pay is if you’re a MOE teacher and you teach junior college students.
- **Start an Online Dropshipping Store** If you have a knack for handicrafts you can do so by selling products online on Etsy shop but if you want to sell non-handmade products you can try e-commerce platforms like Shopee and Lazada. Create an Etsy account or start up your own website , with your guardian's permission, to sell online. You can also set up your own online store during your spare time if you prefer dropshipping and don’t want to use other platforms. With the advent of social media these days, you can use the various social media platforms to sell your products online and making money while doing so. There are several ways to start a scalable business without having to spend a fortune on the stock. Dropshipping could be the solution to your problem. Because of the ease of dropshipping, you no longer have to worry about keeping an inventory on hand. Deliver the goods, and the supplier takes care of the rest. Thats the good thing of having an online store. The upside of this side hustle is you can make money online and decide how much more money you want to earn as you set the product price but also you have to put in more effort just like running other businesses. Starting costs are one of the drawbacks. The good news is that if you do it well, you can make more than $3,000 a month!
- **Participate in online surveys for easy money** This is one of those opportunities that do not require any major skills and is the ideal option to get some free coupons or cash. Whenever you have free time, take part in online surveys to earn points that you can use to purchase gift cards and vouchers. He or she will literally be making money by simply giving an opinion. This is a great way to make quick money online. Look into survey sites like MyPoints or Survey Junkie where you'll get paid just for taking surveys and giving your opinion. Sounds like a pretty good deal, right? Just remember, these sites are looking for really specific things when they pick people.
- **Test websites or apps** With more businesses starting to focus on user experience, there are lots of freelance gigs for people to try on the website and app testing tasks. Some companies will pay you to visit a website or app and provide feedback. You will need a computer, tablet or smartphone and while the pay isn't high, you can star making money out of it. In some cases, you can earn spare cash by meeting online for the client to answer questions and provide live feedback. For example, UserTesting will pay around SGD 13.59 for each completed task, each task can be finished in 20 minutes or less. UserTesting is a website that lets you earn money by testing websites and apps. The task is about using a certain website or app then you give your feedback of how your experience with the website or app.
- **Selling photos** If you're someone who likes to take photographs, consider selling your high-quality images to stock image websites! Sites like Shutterstock, Adobe Stock, iStockPhoto, or Getty Images allow contributors to upload their images and get paid whenever their photos are being downloaded. There are photo stock sites such as Getty Images and Shutterstock that let people be contributors to their platform. Contributors upload their images and get paid when their images are downloaded by other people. In general, stock photo platforms pay around SGD 0.35 - SGD 0.70 per photo. This may not seem like a huge number, but can be a promising side passive income as it requires only one upload effort , and can be online for users to download.
- **Pet sitting** For animal lovers this is such a dream job! This is a very easy job if you are an animal lover since you get to play with the animals and all you have to do is just take care of them. This makes you ideal for services such as dog walking, pet sitting and even pet boarding. When the owners have no time to walk their dogs or they need to go on vacations and can’t bring their pets, pet sitters are very needed in this case. To make extra money and get your animal fix, pet sit during your free time or over the holidays. While pet sitting, you could cuddle the furry animals, play with them, clean up, and talk them for a walk. Prices range from S$10-S$45 per hour. There are also jobs where you only have to take the dog for a walk, earning you about S$15 per walk. For home boarding, you would charge pet owners by the day, and usually, that involves taking the dog out for a few walks each day, and the pet will stay with you for the night. Prices for boarding tends to start from S$30 per night
- **Carpool or driver** With the gig sharing economy getting more attention for the last decade, this is another opportunity for you to have side hustles and make money fast. If you own a car and licence you should try to sign up for Grab and Uber. Drivers can earn around SGD 600 per week if they work part time and for full time drivers can earn around SGD 900 per week.
There are many side hustles or side gigs you can do to earn extra money while having a main job. You can choose your passion or hobbies to gain additional income. Just make sure your side gigs will not interrupt your main job unless you decide to pursue your side gig as your full-time job and main source of income, then you should quit your main job.