Licences To Become a Delivery Driver in Singapore!

Seen our Top 5 Delivery Jobs in Singapore blog post and would like to try being a delivery driver? Here’s what you need to know before becoming one! In this blog, I will share with you the licenses you need to be a delivery driver!

You can check for the respective licenses required below:

First thing first, you need to have your driver’s license if you are intending to drive by bike, car or van!

If you hold a foreign license, you can only drive in Singapore for 12 months if you hold a valid class 2B, 3 or 3A license. After that time period has passed, you must obtain a valid Singapore driver's license. You can convert your foreign driver's license to a Singaporean license if you already have one. If you do not do so within one year, you will be required to take a driving test.

Below are the following requirements with regards to the method of delivery you are looking at.

  • Have a Student Pass or Work Pass
  • Be above 18 years of age

  • Class 2B, 2A or 2 license
  • Protective helmet gear

  • Image of PAB with the registration number.
  • Log card from LTA showing the registration number.
    1. Log on to

    2. Log in with Singpass

    3. After logging in to e-Services@ONE.MOTORING, select 'Vehicle Hub' ---> 'Enquire & print vehicle registration details' ---> select the vehicle registration number of the required vehicle ---> click Next and print the details accordingly.

    • Class 3 license
    • Commercial insurance for Van
      • There are many companies offering insurance services and here are some of those available

      NTUC IncomeClick here for NTUC Income
      SG Auto ConciergeClick here for SG Auto Concierge
      MSIGClick here for MSIG
      FWDClick here for PWD
      AVIVAClick here for AVIVA

    • Vehicle log card
    • How do you attain your log card?

    • Rental agreement/Letter of Authorisation (For rental vehicle only)
      • A rental agreement is entered into between the Host and the Guest (each, a “party” and collectively, the “parties”) for the rental of the Vehicle on certain terms terms and conditions
      • This depends on your rental agency and other party.

    • Business ACRA
      • What is a Business ACRA?
      • Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) regulates business entities in Singapore

      • What is a Business ACRA document?
        • It holds basic entity information such as registration number (UEN), entity name, business activities, registration date and information of position holders or business owners.

      • How to find your company's Business ACRA?
      • You can track it here

    • Commercial Insurance (that states it covers food & parcel delivery services)

  • You do not need any licenses
  • Just bring your mobile devices along with you!

  • Class 3/3A license
  • If you drive a car, this can be a great way for you to gain some additional income! You can read our blog here!

    Now that you've got a guide on what are the licenses needed to be a delivery driver, go forth and feel free to apply to be one now, be it as a full time job or just a part time job to earn some additional income!

    Share this post with your friends