50 Motivational First Day at Work Quotes and How to Overcome Nervousness -
Is the first day of work at your new job coming soon? Do you need some motivational quotes for the first day of work to help boost your confidence?
You're feeling excited because the day you've been waiting for this wonderful opportunity to finally come. Then you realize, excited is not the only expression you're experiencing. You have mixed feelings as you're also feeling nervous or feel hopeless and want to make sure your first day will be alright. Or, maybe you also have a friend or anyone who might be feeling deeply uncomfortable on their first day at job and they're showing nervous signs.
This article will provide 50 quotes from various people that can help you to feel motivated for your first day at work whether it be your first summer job, or a wonderful opportunity to start a new page . Hopefully it can transform nervousness into confidence, make you more inspired for such moments, and overcome nervousness into your finest moments.
The reason you might need to read quotes is because it consists of sentences that express wisdom for amazing changes. It can awaken motivation, inspiration, and happiness. The next important thing is to put it into action.
After reading the quotes that fit your situation, think about how you can use the message to better yourself and surround yourself with successful people. Read the quotes between the lines and you will understand the truth of life better and can apply it well in the new future.
You can also write down the quotes anywhere as long as it's visible. So anytime you need motivation on your new job, you can read it again. Save it in your note app, write it on a post-it and stick it to the wall and make sure it's on eye-level, look up wallpaper that contains the quote that you like and use it on your laptop or phone.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu
- When you get these jobs that you have been so brilliantly trained for, just remember that your real job is that if you are free, you need to free somebody else. If you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else. This is not just a grab-bag candy game. – Toni Morrison
- Even though your time on the job is temporary, if you do a good enough job, your work there will last forever. – Idowu Koyenikan
- That's when I first learned that it wasn't enough to just do your job, you had to have an interest in it, even a passion for it. – Charles Bukowski
- The crowning fortune of a man is to be born to some pursuit which finds him employment and happiness, whether it be to make baskets, or broadswords, or canals, or statues, or songs. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any. – Alice Walker
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but habit. – Aristotle
- Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it. – Henry David Thoreau
- The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance, and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning. – Oprah Winfrey
- We have to be tougher in this tough world. – Won Pyung Sohn
- Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it. – Johan Wolfgang von Goethe
- To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself. – Søren Aabye Kierkegaard
- Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. – Abraham Lincoln
- The only impossible journey is the one you never begin. – Tony Robbins
- If you can't fly, then run, if you can't walk run, then walk, if you can't walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving. – Martin Luther King Jr.
- The future depends on what you do today. – Mahatma Gandhi
- You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. – Mae West
- Opportunities don't happen, you create them. – Chris Grosser
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. – Steve Jobs
- Most people think, when they're young, that they're going to the top of their chosen world, and that the climb up is only a formality. Without that faith, I suppose, they might never start. Somewhere on the way they lift their eyes to the summit and know they aren't going to reach it; and happiness then is looking down and enjoying the view they've got, not envying the one they haven't. – Dick Francis
- A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory. – Arthur Golden
- Whatever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy. – Paulo Coelho
- I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time. – Anna Freud
- Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all is a form of planning. – Gloria Steinem
- A mind that is stretched by new experiences can never go back to its old dimensions. – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. – Les Brown
- When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you until it seems that you cannot hold on for a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time when the tide will turn. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- The best revenge is massive success. – Frank Sinatra
- There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. – Beverly Sills
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. – E.E. Cummings
- Effort makes you. You'll regret someday if you don't try your best now. Don't think it's too late but keep working on it. It may take time but there's nothing that gets worse when you practice. You may get sad, but it's evidence that you are doing good. – Jungkook
- You cannot build a reputation on what you're going to do. – Henry Ford
- If we all did the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. – Thomas Edison
- The more you do stuff, the better you get at dealing with how you still fail at it a lot of the time. – John Mulaney
- We need to accept that we don't always make the right decisions, that we'll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it's part of success. – Arianna Huffington
- Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going. – Sam Levenson
- Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out. – Robert Collier
- A year from now you may wish you had started today. – Karen Lamb
- Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. – Babe Ruth
- I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that's how you grow. When there's that moment of ‘wow, I'm not really sure I can do this,' and you push through those moments, that's when you have a breakthrough. – Marissa Mayer
- Feeling confident – or pretending that you feel confident – is necessary to reach for opportunities. It's a cliché, but opportunities are rarely offered; they're seized. – Sheryl Sandberg
- Your talent determines what you can do. You motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it. – Lou Holtz
- No needy to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself. – Virginia Woolf
- Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly. – anonymous proverb
- Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action. – Walter Anderson
- Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained. – Arthur Somers Roch
- There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of your will. – Epictetus
- If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. – Maya Angelou
- If we wanted to change the situation, we first had to change ourselves. And to change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions. – Stephen Covey
- A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you. – Joyce Meyer
Onto the next, a little knowledge you might need about what you can do to calm your nerves when you feel nervous or anxious about your first day at your new job. Quotes can motivate and inspire you, and you may also need one or two guides that can help to calm your nerves. Remember that everyone was once a beginner.
1. Take your time to prepare for your new job
Being prepared is the key to prevent negative thoughts that cause nervousness and anxiousness. You can start it by choosing the outfit that you want to wear on your first day at work and that will be like your own reward. Do your research about the basic information you need to know about your new job.
You can also reach out to your manager and inquire about anything you could do to prepare before your first day at your new job. After receiving information or suggestions from them, you can just do what they have told you. They usually are quite welcoming toward the new employee, just do the little jobs well for your first day.
2. Remember that you won't be new forever
It's natural to feel anxious about starting a new job. Best way to overcome it is first of all, it will surely pass and just expect amazing changes. You will get over this phase before you even realize it. By being aware of this, you would reduce the stress and nervousness early all by yourself.
If you have mixed feelings between excitement, nervousness, anxiety, and many more, make sure to make your excitement more dominating. Thinking about the bigger picture will help to ease your stress and settle into your new situation. For example, by the time you recognize everyone at your workplace, you will be less nervous because in the end everyone is just a human being working eight hours a day. And this is only possible after you're used to the environment, so you'll feel better after the fifth day.
3. Have something to look forward to after your first day
If rewarding yourself after a tough day is your type, you may want to do it as well for this matter. Having something to look forward to after your first day at your new job can help you to keep motivated and positive.
There are several things you can do such as go to your favorite café to order your favorite food and beverages. Reach out to your friends to tell them about how your day went. Or, maybe you should consider taking an early sleep. Choosing any activity after work that makes you comfortable is the way to help you feel at ease with your first day at job.
4. Don't expect to know everything
Have you done your research? Good. After doing research, hopefully you feel it's enough. Do not overdo it. Do not expect to know everything at once. Leave space for spontaneity, actually being human, toward the people you meet at work.
Avoid being arrogant just because you know stuff and display a real willingness to learn. Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Don't be afraid to ask questions to the co-workers, your boss, and everyone.
5. Approach the new position with a positive attitude
Sometimes it's about mindset. As one of Maya Angelou's famous quotes “If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.” If you can't change anything that's in front of you, all you have to do is to change the way you view it and your attitude. This way can make you feel less burdened by the nervousness that is almost taking over your whole body. Spend eighty percent of your time focusing on the opportunities of tomorrow rather than the problems of yesterday.
Hopefully the 50 quotes above can help you or your friends who are going to experience their first day at a new job. It's normal to feel nervous about it as you surely want it to be right and perfect. However if the nervousness starts taking over your body, there are several ways you can do to cope with it that have been explained in the article above as well.
Read More Articles
How To Calculate Gross Monthly Income Singapore
How To Find a Job in Singapore as a Foreigner
How Long Should you Stay at Your First Job
How To Answer Why Are You Interested in This Job
Blue Collar vs White Collar
How Many Part-Time Jobs Can I Have
Sign You Didnt Get The Job After an Interview
Find Jobs in Singapore
Distribution & Shipping Jobs
Marketing & Sales Jobs
Sales Officer Jobs