$2600 to $3000 (Monthly)
We are looking for Basic Care Assistants who are strongly aligned with our mission to make care more accessible to people in our community.
You will be working in a hospital setting to provide basic care to patients, ensuring that the patients’ needs are attended to and assisting the nurses in other tasks. This is a contract shift-based role where you will be working 5 days a week (including weekend), with a 12-hour shift, with a 2 hours break and earn up to $3,000 per month.
Scope of work:
- Responsible for patients’ basic needs
- Attending to the patients’ call bells
- Assisting patients who are identified with high risk for falls, confused or delirious
- Perform patient feeding, bathing/showering oral toilet, bed bathing and showering
- Monitoring of patients’ vital signs
- Reporting of patients’ condition and/or progress to Nurse-In-Charge (NIC)
- Perform bed making and linen changing
- Perform functional checks on equipment used and ensure its’ serviceability
- Perform inventory checks, which includes basic housekeeping and restocking of equipment and inventories (PPE, etc)
- Other taskings as assigned by the staff nurse in charge
- Have obtained Basic Caregiving Certification and/or WSQ Higher Certificate in Healthcare Support or equivalent
- BCLS or CPR-AED certified
- Min. GCE “N” or “O” levels and above
- Physically fit as patient assistance is required
- Comfortable to don PPE when required
- Ability to extend your contract with Homage and apply to other jobs with Homage
- $15/hour; earn up to $3,000/month
- Upskilling opportunities
If you are interested in the job but are not certified, Homage can help you to obtain the necessary certifications with our training partners.
More about Homage