We're looking for Site managers who organise work on building sites, making sure it’s completed safely, on time and within budget. You’ll liaise with architects, surveyors and builders to ensure a project is on track and there are enough staff, machinery and materials to get the job done.
Additional skills which may benefit anyone looking to become a site manager include:
- Knowledge of building and construction
- Excellent time management and leadership skills
- Business management skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Good initiative and logical thinking skills.
The job role of a site manager involves the following duties:
- Liaising with clients and reporting on progress to staff and the public
- Supervising construction workers and hiring subcontractors
- Monitoring build costs and project progress
- Conducting quality and safety inspections
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Maintaining quality control checks
- Motivating the workforce
- Day to day problem solving and dealing with any issues that arise
- Using specialist project management computer programmes
- Working on-site in all weathers, at clients’ businesses or in a site office.
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.