Bill McDermott highlighted in his Knowledge 2020 keynote that “ServiceNow will be the catalyst to redefine the enterprise—not as it is today, but as it must be tomorrow.” The opportunity across APJ is huge! The region is already home to some of the world’s greatest, most innovative companies doing amazing things. Brands like Vodafone and Coca-Cola European Partners using our Now Platform® to innovate, boost customer engagement and transform the employee experience. In APJ we work with well know innovators like Toyota, NTT Data and Scoot to enable data visibility, improve operations efficiency and provide modern employee experience.
At ServiceNow, we’re on a mission to define an industry and become an iconic brand at a global scale. This is your chance to impact the branding of one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world for an entire region with a current $1B run rate and 32% YoY growth rate. Reporting directly to our VP of Global Brand Strategy, Creative & Media, you will be our APJ leader for brand, where you will help grow awareness and build strong brand equity on our path to $10B. In this pivotal role, you will help us leverage brand to accelerate growth and capture the category. As an influential force, you will be highly embedded and matrixed within our APJ Strategy, Marketing and Communications organizations.
The top candidate will have expertise building world-class brands that are purpose-driven and have a deep understanding of the cultural nuances that span APJ. In this role, you will help us scale a brand that is both globally consistent and locally relevant. As such, we will look to you to provide strategic direction as well as feedback from the region in order to influence decision-making as we build strong brand equity together. This role is located in Singapore and future travel will be required.
What you get to do in this role:
- Accountability for brand health metrics and brand’s impact to the business success in APJ.
- Be the feedback loop between regional teams in APJ and our Brand Team located in US, to inform the global evolution of brand to support business goals and best-in-class Customer & Employee experiences.
- Engage with APJ Strategy, Marketing and Comms leaders to align brand strategy to business goals.
- Accountability for driving a globally consistent brand experience throughout APJ, while ensuring the brand flexes to be relevant to cultural nuances.
- An integral member of both the Global Brand and APJ Marketing Leadership Teams.
- Engage across the organization to understand business needs, while deepening an understanding of our brand purpose, promise and personality.
- Set strategic priorities and roadmaps that influence how we evolve and extend our brand in APJ.
- Drive the selection and training of agencies. Build a sustainable process that drives agility, innovation and quality.
- Lead brand audits to measure consistency across key touchpoints with insights that will impact customer and employee experiences.
Planning + Strategy
- Work closely with our SVP, Marketing Leadership and other executives to align strategies, objectives and activities.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop annual and multi-year objectives that align with company-wide goals.
- Create any number of complex business case-type presentations – analyzing data, determining how best to present the information, and creating the slides.
- Be in the know; attend high-level meetings with our executive team from which you will develop actions, strategies and deliverables on behalf of the SVP.
- Work with SVP to optimize program spend mix planning & budgeting, head count planning and modeling. Requires tight collaboration with finance FP&A, HR as well as Marketing Operations.
- Drive key initiatives for CMO. These include corporate, marketing and cross-department within marketing projects. Requires defining and leading cross-functional teams.
- Drive and support operational meetings. Including Annual Operating Planning, Global Marketing & Campaign Planning, Quarterly. Business Reviews (QBRs), Board meetings, All Hands meetings, staff meeting and other communication events.
- Own programming SVP staff meetings to maximum effectiveness, including agenda, notes, actions, and reporting.
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects.
- Work closely with SVP’s executive assistant to develop a process to effectively manage the SVP’s time.
- Support all executive and marketing leadership reporting requirements.
- Work closely with strategic marketing and corporate communications to drive marketing executive internal and external facing communications.
- Communicate SVP priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met.
- Recommend communication opportunities.
Critical Success Behaviors
- Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Flexibility and Adaptability – Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
- Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Organizational Savvy and Politics – Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Future travel is a key part of this role.
- 10+ years of agency and corporate experience leading strategies for purpose-driven brands that deliver measurable business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Brand Management, Brand Marketing or related field required, MBA is a plus.
- Prior experience in helping fast growth Tech brands grow and expand in key APJ markets.
- Fluency in both English & Mandarin required. Additional Asian languages (e.g. Bahasa, Japanese are a plus!).
- High energy with the ability to lead meaningful change in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Elevated strategic thinker, who is analytical and able to drive measurable results.
- Outstanding communicator with the ability to build relationships, influence across all levels, and drive smart decision-making.
- Proven ability to drive detailed brand plans based on a deep understanding of business goals and brand strategies.
- Strong sense of accountability, brand ownership and ability to coach down, up and across levels and geographies.
- 15+ years of marketing experience in operational & program roles in a technology organization OR high-tech/SaaS industry experience.
- Discretion, executive presence, strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced MS PowerPoint, including the ability to take complex data and simplify it for decision making.
- Advanced problem-solving, conflict resolution, active listening, and time management skills.
- Active listening skills to ensure feedback drives new initiatives and identifies areas of improvement.
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up tools, systems, and processes in a short amount of time.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Proven, strong team player – able to work strategically and in a hands-on fashion.
- Knowledge of the enterprise software market landscape, enterprise cloud computing, Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models is helpful. B-to-B marketing experience as must.
- This person should have experience in both large, sophisticated company environments as well as small high growth companies.
- High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results.
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.