About ISUZU MOTORS ASIA LIMITED (IMA):
A Global Japanese Automotive Manufacturer with an office in Singapore is embarking on an evolving path and expanding role. The Singapore office assists the Japan Head Office in managing the Group’s interests and exposures in the ASEAN region, India and Middle East.
There are many opportunities for staff to be involved in cross department and regional projects. And as part of the Group’s initiative towards greater adoption of technology and boosting work efficiency, the Singapore Office offers a chance to take part in exciting tech projects that can have impact across the Group.
The Finance & Administration Department is looking for a matured and capable team player to join their growing team. As an integral member of the Singapore Office, the expectations and challenges are high but will be very rewarding and exciting for high performers.
We are looking for a General Manager with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or a related field.
- Near native Japanese proficiency for communication with the stakeholders in Japan headquarters.
- Extensive experience as a General Manager leading a department, or in a similar role.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to excel in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Minimum 10 years of experience, preferably with overseas experience in the automotive industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Finance, Human Resource, General Affairs and IT functions in the company for the Singapore, Cambodia, Laos & Myanmar region.
- Lead the Treasury Team to ensure treasury operations, including management of cash management activities like monitoring and forecasting of company’s cashflows and FX exposures, run smoothly.
- To evaluate, analyse & monitor hedging activities such as FX Forward deals with banks.
- To monitor and approve loans and borrowings to/from subsidiaries.
- Take charge of control & governance efforts in bank account architecture, management (e.g. opening, closing and maintenance) and banking approval matrix.
- Identify, assess, and mitigate financial risks, i.e. liquidity, FX, interest rate, settlement investment, counterparty credit, market, fraud, project, regulatory risks etc, working closely with wider Isuzu Group Finance teams.
- Lead the Accounting Team to ensure finance operations and the operations internal controls are conducted in line with financial policies and procedures.
- Analyse and present financials, management, and statutory reports to HQ.
- Liaise and consolidate with other departments on variance analysis, budget tracking and resolve issues.
- Oversee internal and external financial audits and other compliance reviews.
- Lead the HR Team to develop and implement HR policies, programs and practices aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Approve monthly staff payroll, claims, local & expatriates income tax filing and other payments.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection processes.
- Oversee the employees’ performance appraisal system, Compensation & Benefits and Learning & Development programmes.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Manage GA Team on support to expats (opening of bank and utilities accounts, housing allowance monitoring, and any other ad-hoc matters).
- Ensure flight, visa and hotel arrangements for business travellers (both local and expats) and guests are done correctly.
- Oversee workplace safety, office equipment replacement/repairs, lease matters.
- Work with the IT consultant/vendor to ensure smooth running of IT services, including implementation and maintenance of ERP systems, desktop computing, servers patch management and desktop antivirus protection technology.
- Define and fulfill business objectives, identify potential areas of business process improvements through deployment of IT.
- Align IT strategies with business directions, develop and shape IT functions to keep pace with business requirements and initiate process improvement projects.
- Work closely with Senior Management and stakeholders to formulate policies and improve processes across the functions above.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, and uncover areas for improvement.
- Involvement in change improvement projects, driving digitalisation and adoption of new technology.
Expected Start Date of Work: <October 2021>
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.