Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the licensee of the Laboratory for Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Monitor the compliance of the Laboratory with the requirements and other directives that may be issued from time to time by MOH Director of Medical Services.
- Monitor compliance of the Laboratory with the requirements under the CAP Accreditation Program, and other directives that may be issued from time to time by CAP.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of a clinical laboratory.
- Coordinating test procedures between different laboratory technologists.
- Ensure the safety of the own and of others when performing high-risk procedures.
- Responsible for performing and interpreting diagnostic procedures.
- Verifying test procedures were performed with precision and accuracy.
- Ensure the reception of laboratory specimens and rejection of specimens that are unsuitable for analysis are in order.
- Manage the Laboratory Information System.
- Ensure all test procedures are in accordance with laboratory protocols.
- Perform, record and interpret results of quality control procedures and take corrective action where necessary.
- Review laboratory protocols, maintaining laboratory standard operating procedures (SOP) and risk assessment (RA) documentations.
- Upkeep the laboratory to ensure it conforms to the accreditation requirements.
- Ensure all equipment in the laboratory setting meets safety standards.
- Manage, train and supervise clinical laboratory staff.
- Resolve technical problems with solutions that follow accreditation standards.
- Procurement of laboratory equipment, kits and consumables.
- Implement new programmes, test procedures, methodologies and laboratory equipment when required.
- Adhere to all quality control procedures in support of clinical diagnostic activities.
- Ensure all instruments and equipment used in support of clinical diagnostic activities are properly maintained.
- Minimum bachelor degree in biomedical / biological / pharmaceutical sciences.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a molecular laboratory.
- Experience with Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) will be highly advantageous.
- Experience working in the commercial / hospital laboratory setting will be strongly preferred.
- Willing to work rotating shift hours.
- Willing to work in Kent Ridge / Pasir Panjang area.
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.