We are looking for a Lead Designer interested in designing innovative user experiences for data products in the finance and investment industry.
About LSEG Labs
LSEG has the world’s largest repository of curated data. From petabytes of tick-by-tick market data to the worlds’ largest collection of financial documents, our content fuels the financial markets allowing investors to make decisions and financial institutions to reduce risk and even fight financial crime.
Labs provides a unique opportunity to work with data in a global company whilst in a team with the culture of a start-up.
We investigate the application of new technology to LSEG products and services. We are involved in a large range of projects leveraging a multitude of different technologies, so a successful candidate is unlikely to be assigned to a single product or service. Information about specific projects may be discussed in the course of the interview process. Recently the group has worked on graph-based risk analysis, turned text into sentiment & risk signals, created ML predictions of bond & FX prices and created real-time data simulations. You can view a handful of our project by visiting: http://https://www.lseg.com/about-lseg/labs
As a part of our growing Labs team of data scientists, engineers and UX/UI designers you will be part of our global network of like-minded colleagues in our global sister lab in London.
Our team offers a great flexible working environment, values curiosity and supports an open and learning culture for all levels of experience & seniority.
You will lead a multi-disciplinary design team in applying the best research and design practices to innovation-driven projects. You will also be a senior individual contributor – delivering design work within projects.
This role encompasses:
- The full design lifecycle - user research (primary and secondary), ideation, design execution and user testing.
- Defining the best tools, practices and approaches to take to identify, define and solve the right user problems
- Leading/facilitating design sprints to identify exciting new features and services
- Close collaboration with product, data science and engineering to ensure design execution is in line with strategy, vision and timeframes
- Communication of design solutions and outcomes to support project stakeholder management
- Exposure to different facets of the capital markets – developing an understanding of requirements of LSEG’s professional users.
- Inputting and informing product strategy and prioritization from a user’s perspective
- Working with technical and product leadership to shape ways of working within the lab
- Being a manager and coach to the design team – with a mixture of skills across research, UX and UI design
You’ll fit right in if you are:
- A creative problem solver with a diverse research and design toolkit
- Have an eye for turning complex messy problems into beautiful, elegant, highly functional experiences
- Highly collaborative, and can communicate openly and respectfully
- Comfortable in fast paced environments, and highly adaptable
- A strong voice for the customer/user
- Proactive and self-motivated learner
- Someone who can think big picture but also sweats the fine details
- You can be pragmatic and balance the needs of user, business and technology
Qualifications we need
- 1+ years experience managing design teams
- 7+ years full time experience as UX/interaction designer/researcher/product designer
- Experience working and leading within cross-functional teams
- Experience in agile environment and design sprints
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating design thinking, design process, and solutions for web and mobile applications
- Advanced knowledge in creating UX artifacts (e.g. user journeys, wireframes, prototypes) using a variety of UX and design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Invision, Proto.io, Adobe)
- Skilled in undertaking user research, user interviews, concept and usability testing
- Experience with dashboards, information visualisations, workflow solutions
- Experience working in product/engineering teams inside large corporate environment
- Excellent written and verbal communicator – comfortable communicating with and managing stakeholders
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.