Responsibilities and Duties:
- To oversee and manage the Audit Department. Effectively carry out the objective of the audit function, to assure consistent high standards of performance and to meet Company’s objectives at optimum cost.
- To verify the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other operating controls and procedures prescribed by the Company.
- To ascertain the extent of compliance with accounting, financial and other operating controls prescribed by SGX-ST and MAS.
- To review, update the audit plan annually on a risk based approach and allocate resources to complete the audit works as planned.
- To report in writing, in accordance to the approved Audit Plan, to the Board of Directors and/or Management on company’s overall adherence to the regulatory requirements and our company’s internal compliance, controls, policies and procedures, including significant findings/exceptions, if any.
- To conduct ad-hoc audit investigations at the instruction of Management/or Board of Directors.
- To ascertain the extent to which the physical assets of the Company are safeguarded against fraud.
- To maintain a co-operative relationship with all departments in order to secure a full understanding, acceptance and utilization of the Internal Audit function.
- To liaise and assist the external auditors, the Authorities e.g. MAS/SGX-ST etc in obtaining all necessary information in order to carry out their work speedily and efficiently.
- Overall supervision and training of the Internal Audit Officers during the course of their daily function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Accountancy, or Finance
- Strong knowledge of auditing standards, procedures, and policies
- Strong ability to lead, supervise and train the audit team members
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written forms
- Ability to foster a friendly work environment for team members
- Strong organizational skills, time management relates to the prioritizing of workloads
- Strong analytical skills
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.