- Plan, allocate and execute cargo operations with supplier in a timely manner
- Communicate with customer on any potential shipment delays to avoid downtime
- Work closely with Regional Manager to ensure the management is being kept abreast with ongoing matters and alert them when there are any foreseen risks
- Maintain an accurate Position Summary daily for the relevant trades, i.e., keying in new trades, update all prices and relevant cost.
- Ensure timely reconciliation with trader to ensure hedging position is updated. Timely and accurately reconcile and publish monthly PNL for HQ reporting.
- Follow up and execute Inventory Management programs by liaising externally to check inventory
- Manage documentation for all aspects of the supply chain, including Customs matters and financial collateral such as Letter of Credit and self-checked for errors before handing them over to Trade Finance for 2nd checking.
- Monitor pricing and declarations to customers
- Liaise with relevant departments internally and externally to get new counter parties approved and set up KYC
- Source competitive freight rate from forwarders and warehouses
- Adhere to internal SOPs and contribute to implementing operational procedures
- Diploma/ Degree in maritime/ logistics/ supply chain
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in the metal trading sector
- Familiar with shipment incoterms and L/C terms
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Words
- Able to meet deadlines and objectives set accordingly
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.