MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
As process engineer single sector, he/she will contribute to improve the performance of his/her Sector, in terms of reliability, efficiency, quality, process safety, environment and variable costs. Upon request of the Head of Process, he/she might have to work on studies conducted in other sectors, depending on the study priorities, and load plan of the moment.
- He / She reports to Head of Process in the Process Department
- To analyse and improve the processes according to the similar processes in Arkem
- To improve productivity and profitability
- To improve process safety
- Process and Engineering knowledge:Provide knowledge of the process and contributes to the update of the process reference documentation on the unit process (process description, PFD, PID, etc.).
Perform engineering calculation and provide equipment data sheet in supporting the needs of Operation and Technical service department through Management of Change Process (MOC).
Participate in technical evaluation process for vendor selection.
Knows the bottlenecks of his/her Sector.
Performs material, utility and thermal balances.
- Technical assistance:Analyses and assists in the resolution of trouble shooting.
Establishes the monthly performance report of the unit: energy consumption and environmental losses.
Follows and contributes to improve the unit's performance in terms of reliability, efficiency (including energy efficiency) and variable cost.
- Process Safety:Lead HAZOP studies
Updates process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and prepares documentation for Hazard Analysis & participates in safety reviews in case of new project.
Performs scenario calculations with the tools available.
Follows up on process modifications to improve HSE in the unit.
- Process Development:Participates or leads process improvement groups, in liaison with R&D.
Defines industrial tests and follows their progress.
For investment projects: specifies basic process data, equipment design (process data sheet), reviews/comments PFD&PIDs, participates in the detailed studies and participates in the start-up.
HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT, QUALITY AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- Promote the company’s EHSQ policy and other requirement.
- Report any incidents, accidents or near miss immediately to HSE department.
- Process Calculation (ASPEN or other Simulation tools), statistics, data reconciliation software.
- Knowledge of single process operations of chemical engineering.
- Knowledge of Process Hazard risk analysis methodologies
- A team player with good interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Self-motivated, independent and proactive
- Master degree chemical engineering or equivalent with 3 to 5 years of working experience in chemical plant process engineering.
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.