The procurement executive will have to oversee the purchasing of inventory for all divisions of the company; cleaning, waste and landscaping. Having to liaise with suppliers and understanding the different stock requirements that needs to be met will be part of work flow process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review requisitions and clarifies with the user departments on any discrepancy or incomplete information with regards to specification, quality, quantity and delivery requirements.
- Recommends substitution where a saving in cost or improved delivery will result.
- Solicits and analyses quotations for stock and non-stock items.
- Selects the most competitive source and negotiates for the best deal.
- Obtains required approvals and places orders.
- Prepares, checks and initials purchase orders.
- Expedites orders to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Handles adjustments with vendors involving replacement & rejection of materials not conforming to purchase specifications, return of surplus materials, cancellation of orders, etc
- Compiles and maintain a library of catalogues, price lists, etc. to be used for reference.
- Ensure the safety of personnel through compliance with Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Regulations.
- Ensure that Health, Safety & Environmental operating procedures are followed and counsel employees about compliance as necessary.
- Participate in the preparation of Safe work, Environmental control and Emergency procedures.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality (HSEQ) plans are followed.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
- Minimum diploma in business administration preferred, but equivalence in experience is acceptable.
- 3 years’ procurement experience, preferably in the cleaning industry
- Resourceful with high level of honesty and integrity. Must be neat in appearance, tactful, co-operative, pleasant and dependable. Has initiative and hold information in the strictest confidence. High degree of alertness with a strong ability to work under pressure.
- PC literate. Good contacts with cleaning, landscaping and waste product supplies
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.