We’re looking for a Product Design Lead who’s passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of small to medium merchants around the world. We’re a fast-growing venture-backed SaaS startup based in Singapore. You will be working on challenging problems in a results-focused work environment for a global product and an emerging brand. With millions of consumers involved in our referral programs, your work will have a significant impact from day one.
ReferralCandy is a bit of a rarity. Everyone genuinely cares about each other. And you’ll get to join our fun, experienced, and inclusive team that cares deeply about visual storytelling and creating delightful, memorable experiences for our customers. If this sounds like your dream job, we’d love to hear from you!
Here's more about how we manage the company and our team blog.
As an empathetic Design Lead, you’ll help us build and grow our product and the design team. You’ll help us stay grounded with research, transform merchant pains and opportunities into viable products. This is a very hands-on role with some management responsibilities. The position will evolve as the team grows.
What you’ll do
- Help define and implement an inspiring, holistic product vision and design strategy to build delightful experiences for our merchants.
- Help cultivate the design culture of the team and the company, including championing user-centric design thinking across the company and maintaining a collaborative design process.
- Work closely with your peers across all departments (Engineering, Designers, Marketing, Customer Support) to help solve user and business goals.
- Lead user research to determine the best approaches and methods to capture accurate insights; plan and run qualitative studies, including (but not limited to) user interviews, surveys, remote and in-person usability studies.
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions through the best possible means with relevant stakeholders to help inform our decision-making.
- Manage and grow designers within the product team; this includes hiring and mentoring all levels of designers to deliver their best work.
- Shape brand and visual identity as we evolve.
Who you are
- (Required) You have a proven track record of designing successful products that users love. In addition, you have a background as a visual designer and UX designer.
- (Required) You have hands-on experience with exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods; you’ll have previous experience running research projects and usability tests.
- (Required) You appreciate the value in research, but can also consider practical constraints – you understand what ‘just enough research’ means.
- (Nice to have) You have empathy for merchant needs but can also consider technical constraints and business goals. You’re passionate about inclusive design and accessibility. You’ll design with all our users in mind (not just the ones that look like our team).
- (Nice to have) You’re flexible in your approach and embrace a challenge; you can develop new ways of answering research questions quickly and communicating the results in a memorable, impactful way.
- (Nice to have) You have previous experience in leading designers, and you’re passionate about developing designers’ skills and careers.
What’s in it for you
- You’ll be able to provide direct input into how we should improve our product and the development of ReferralCandy.
- You’ll get to work with amazing, friendly, smart colleagues all incredibly passionate about solving the merchant problems with customer acquisition.
- You’ll lead the design – together with the rest of the product team – on a product that’s used by thousands today and millions tomorrow.
- You’ll have autonomy and responsibility for your work direction; we also offer a flexible working environment.
- We have regular company-sponsored socials (team events, board games and movie nights) that’ll allow you to catch up and make friends outside of your team.
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.