Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose?
An inclusive company that empowers you to do your best and be innovative?
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to make a difference!
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability.
What will you do?
- You will be involved in the software development to support industrial automation applications.
- You will be involved in the design, development and maintenance of the software and embedded software for our existing line of products. Your role may also involve developing software for next generation of products the team has in pipeline. You will get a chance to work in a diverse team environment and across the globe.
- In our R&D organization, we are responsible for maintenance of our existing offer - PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller) and associated products. Our products are manufactured in different production sites located mainly in Asia. The job is versatile and based in in our R&D design center in Singapore.
- Design and development of Software for PLCs and associated products
- Enhancements to existing front-end and back-end based on marketing requirement
- Investigate and resolve issues that impact customers directly
- Creation of data (Impact Analysis) for the Board of Change (BoC) to take decisions
- Create the necessary documentation and review information for our customer documentation.
- Close cooperation with our multi-site R&D team, Verification- and Validation teams
What qualifications will make you successful?
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science/Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 2-3 years of product development experience on Windows platform
- Demonstrated experience with programming languages: C# (.NET Framework) and C/C++
- Exposure to both front-end and back-end developments on windows platform.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and systematic troubleshooting skills
- Industrial Automation domain knowledge with hands-on experience developing software to control and configure PLCs/IOs and Adapters is a plus.
- Highly motivated and good team player.
What's in it for me?
- Global family leave
- Comprehensive medical coverage for employee and dependents
- Blue sky Friday
- Worldwide Employee Stock Ownership
- On-site gym
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
- €25.7bn global revenue
- 137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
- 45% of revenue from IoT
- 5% of revenue devoted for R&D
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.