Responsibilities and Duties:
Assists the Manager (Compliance) in the following areas:
- Executes the compliance activities in accordance with the approved annual Compliance Plan.
- Identifies, monitors and highlights key regulatory requirements and/or changes if any and assists in the management of these requirements and compliance risks.
- Provides assistance, guidance and/or training to Management, business units, non-business units and staff on compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Updates the Board of Directors, Management and/or Head of Departments on the changes to the applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist to report in accordance with the approved Compliance Plan, to the Board of Directors and/or Management on company’s overall compliance with the regulatory requirements and our company’s internal compliance policies and procedures, including significant breaches, if any.
- Notifies the Authorities in writing of any material breaches and/or misconduct committed by Trading Representatives, employees etc in accordance with regulatory requirements and/or by the Board of Directors.
- Conducts ad-hoc investigations at the instruction of Compliance Manager
- Prepares written Compliance reports or memos and assist to review on the effectiveness of the overall compliance with the regulatory requirements by each department or Trading Representatives where applicable.
- Act as liaison with external parties such as the Authorities, CAD, Police, external auditors etc.
- Assist to review and update new regulatory changes and guidelines and ensure company’s own policies and procedures are in line with the new changes.
- Any other assignment assigned by the Compliance Manager.
In relation to AML/CFT:
- Provides updates, subject to review by Compliance Manager, to the Board of Directors, Management and/or Head of Departments on a timely basis, on any pertinent information on the current and latest applicable AML/CFT rules and regulations.
- Monitors and reviews clients who are Politically Exposed Persons [“PEPs”] and/or potentially higher risk categories.
- Reviews and reports any suspicious activity internally to Compliance Manager and ensures prompt and appropriate action undertaken on any matter in which ML/TF is suspected.
- Provides assistance, guidance and/or training to its employees, officers and appointed representatives.
- Conducts ad-hoc investigations at the instruction of Compliance Manager.
- Review of AML/CFT policy and procedure on an annual basis to be line with latest regulatory updates.
- Act as liaison with external parties in relations to AML/CFT issues.
- Monitors and reviews Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR) submitted by STR Officer, on a monthly basis, to ensure there are appropriate follow up actions plans.
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.