Responsibilities and Duties:
To assist the team in the following areas:
- To conduct reviews and to execute audit based on the approved audit plan.
- To verify the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other operating controls and procedures across various departments via the audit performed.
- To obtain, analyze and appraise evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed.
- To ascertain the extent of compliance with accounting, financial and other operating controls prescribed by SGX-ST and MAS.
- To ascertain the extent to which the physical assets of the Company are safeguarded against fraud and waste.
- To perform special / ad-hoc investigations at the instruction of Manager – Internal Audit/Management/or Board of Directors.
- To maintain a co-operative relationship with all departments in order to secure a full understanding, acceptance and utilization of the Internal Audit function.
- To assist the external auditors, the Authorities e.g. MAS/SGX etc in obtaining all necessary information in order to carry out their work speedily and efficiently.
- Prepares formal written IA reports, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls, systems and efficiency.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training for the junior Internal Audit Staff during the course of their daily functions.
- Degree in Business / Accountancy, ACCA or related courses
- Strong analytical, communication and written skills
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- A team-player with strong interpersonal skills
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.