$6000 to $9000 (Monthly)
· Design and develop applications using Java and latest J2EE technologies.
Take ownership and responsibility of product deliverables, direct and deliver to committed project timelines. Deliver projects/tasks on time and specification with an appropriate level of quality.
· Willing to do rotation based support for Application Monitoring.
· Designing and Developing solutions according to user requirements in a timely manner, meeting our highest quality and performance standards.
· Analyzing functional and technical solution requirements, participating in writing functional and technical solution specifications.
· Work on Code reviews, Code merges and ensure code quality.
· Coordinate and work with Operations team on day to day basis on Production Support, DevOps and database related issues.
· Analyze logs from servers and troubleshoot issues.
· Develop Restful Web Services in J2EE using JAX-RS and other libraries. Strong understanding of the web services architecture and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
· Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
· Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
· Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
· 4-8 years of relevant working experience.
· Strong design and programming skills in Java and related server side technologies. (Java, J2EE, Struts, Spring, and Hibernate, REST APIs).
· Strong working experience in SQL, PL/SQL Programming.
· Knowledge and experience with micro services will be added advantage.
· Knowledge in container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) will be added advantage.
· Experience in DevOps tools will be added advantage.
· Experience in Insurance domain will be added advantage.
· Able to do Application Support on Shift Basis.
· Strong leadership, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
· High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
· Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
About Great Eastern
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people’s lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More about THE GREAT EASTERN LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED