$2000 to $4000 (Monthly)
ICES is looking for a highly-motivated candidate with great interpersonal skills to join Research and Technical Support Team - Part of Scientific Infrastructure and Analytics Division. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to ICES by the following:
· Upkeep and ensure good lab housekeeping for designated laboratories, sufficient supplies of common chemical and laboratory consumables (including procurement) etc.
· Ensure common equipment functionality and its operation within required limits by internal and external preventive maintenance.
· Initiation and coordinate disposal of unwanted, obsolete chemicals and generated waste in laboratory.
· Ensure all new laboratory personnel receive basic laboratory safety training and specific operational procedures before they commence work in the lab.
· Ensure lab occupants (i.e. staff and students) comply with general laboratory safety rules. Communicates information on identified hazards and precautions to all lab users.
· Initiate and coordinate all necessary corrective actions to rectify safety discrepancy found in the lab.
· Maintain up-to-date chemical inventory and ensure Safety Datasheet (SDS) for chemicals are readily available for respective laboratories.
· Coordinate the compilation and maintain laboratory documentation (equipment manuals, equipment standard operating procedures, maintenance records and inventory record of regulated chemicals)
· Support research experiments and provide analytical input with guidance from researchers.
· Polytechnic diploma preferably related to chemical engineering or equivalent.
· Candidate without relevant experiences are welcome to apply.
· Prior work in a laboratory is not a requirement but an added advantage
· Team player with initiative, drive and good communication skills.
· Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
· Open and approachable team player with good communication skills
· Willing to work on Jurong Island (Shuttle-buses are available at various locations)
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
More about A*STAR RESEARCH ENTITIES