The Engineering Mechanics department of IHPC is seeking a highly motivated Research Engineer to perform research in materials design. The new staff will be required to use machine learning tools to design structural materials.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop multiscale understanding of mechanical properties .
- Develop, curate, and maintain materials databases.
- Utilise machine learning tools to design new structural materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering, Engineering Science, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience with Python scripting and Machine Learning.
- Good communication skills and teamwork.
- Agile, adaptable and willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Curiosity and motivation to solve challenging problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.