About the Role
You will be part of the Magnum APAC team within the Life and Health Products Solutions unit. This role involves supporting the sales, implementation and support of our automated underwriting tool, Magnum, with customer companies within the Asia Pacific region. This is an exciting time with Magnum, as we are experiencing significant new client activity and developing and commercializing new and innovative Underwriting solutions – this is the time to join our world.
Reporting to the Head of Magnum, Asia Pacific, you will be part of a team dedicated to delivering Magnum and associated Underwriting solutions, which fit within the Magnum ecosystem. The focus of your role will cover multiple areas, such as: participating to Magnum sales process and pitching, managing implementation projects, working with client's IT counterparts to define system integration blueprint (integration solutions and infrastructure design), development and delivery plan, taking part in integration testing and production rollout – followed by client relationship management once the client has gone live, to provide the consultancy that will enable the client to continuously receive value add from Magnum and Swiss Re. All in all, this is an exciting role to take, where you can be part of our success story start to end.
Roles and responsibilities include the following in particular:
- Understanding the customer's architecture, analyzing and elaborating system integration use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, and IT infrastructure design, in close collaboration with business experts across Swiss Re and the customer
- Developing technical specifications reflecting client's internal system environments
- Establishing the integration blueprint for client deployments
- Liaising with client's IT counterparts and their partners and providing consultation on best integration options
- Supporting the technical aspects of the client implementation lifecycle through requirements gathering, initial installation, integration and testing (SIT, UAT, performance test, penetration test), through to production rollout and BAU processes
- Working effectively with a cross functional team from different backgrounds, such as business experts from various functions as well as data scientists and other IT specialists and managers in developing and delivering new solutions
- Providing training and guidance to clients with regards to the usage of Magnum software
- Participating to and delivering pre-sales presentations of Magnum solutions to technical audiences and key stakeholders
- Providing support during RFP process with regards to IT aspects
- Providing first line support including handling of technical issues, enquiries, and change requests from clients
- Willingness to travel & the role may include periods of on-site work at client locations
About the Team
The Automated Solutions team is a diverse group, passionate about creating market leading solutions that provide tangible benefits to our clients, with extraordinary team spirit where innovative thinking and agile delivery is core to our approach. We have team members and clients across the globe, and our team members benefit from a collaborative culture, open dialogue, strong engagement and are empowerment to try new things.
If you someone who relishes a challenge, can work in a structured way across a diverse set of topics and can empower and influence people to all drive in the same direction, then this role would suit you!
Internally, we work as a collaborative distributed team, building on each other's successes. As well as this work approach and aim to succeed, you will also have:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in running and delivering enterprise IT system integration / development projects
- University Degree or similar qualification
- Tech affinity and excellent documentation skills
- Solid technical background with prior hands-on experience on modern web / mobile technologies (e.g. Java/.NET, Angular, React, React Native, Cordova, native iOS / Android, etc.), cloud and infrastructure architecture and solutions (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Ali Cloud)
- Solid understanding of best practices around UI/UX, system security and performance
- Strong project and organisational change skills focused on execution and delivery
- Strong business and technical analysis and the ability to prepare clear systems specifications
- Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as client relationship management experience
- You can identify, scope and define the business / technical challenges, and what solution options might best address them
- You feel comfortable communicating and negotiating in a dynamic environment (ability to influence decision makers)
- Additional language skills (Japanese/Mandarin/Cantonese) are desirable
- You have a sound judgement towards risk and are able to create practicable solutions
- A good understanding of (Re)-Insurance business is desirable
- Show true teamwork, have a flexible and team-based approach to working with the ability to be able to carry out research and work independently and take personal accountability
- Proficient IT skills including the ability to use some of the sophisticated features of Word/Excel/Access
- Willing to learn and have a drive for professional development
- Comfortable working with remote global team (in different time zones)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.