Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose? An inclusive company that empowers you to do your best and be innovative?
We are looking for Warehouse Assistant (1 year Contract) to make a difference!
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability.
What you will do:
Receive Shipments off the Truck
- Warehouse Assistants need to be physically fit in order to move items off the truck and be able to work at a fast-paced environment, as most warehouses receive shipments continuously throughout the day. This can involve operating machinery to move pallets and also requires proficiency with inventory management software.
Place New Shipment in proper place on Warehouse floor
- This is another duty that may involve the operation of machinery to move heavy product. Warehouse Assistants must have a strong spatial awareness of where everything goes so they can place it as quickly as possible. This duty requires strong organization and prioritization skills.
Process and fill Customers' orders
- Warehouse Assistants spend a good amount of their shift processing customer or client orders, and then filling those orders. This duty requires a strong attention to detail to ensure the highest accuracy.
Preparation of Shipping labels
- Even though most of the work performed by Warehouse Assistants is manual labor, they still need to be tech-savvy to operate SAP. Part of the use for this software is printing the shipping labels for customer or client orders and placing them correctly on the products.
Load to-be-shipped products on the truck
- This is another task that requires some physical strength and fitness, and also may include the use of machinery to move heavy product. This duty involves double-checking all labels against customer orders to make sure the right items go to the right place.
To succeed as a Warehouse Assistant, one must possess a good work ethic and a moderate familiarity with technology. Warehouse Assistants need to be able to operate ERP (SAP / Oracle) and all of the tools involved in scanning in shipment and creating shipping labels. Warehouse Assistants need the following skills to get hired.
- Operating small forklift to move heavy items around the warehouse floor
- Candidates who do not have forklift but have relevant experience can also be considered
- Collaborating with other Warehouse Assistants to process incoming shipments and prepare outgoing shipments
- Analyzing customer orders and using prioritization skills to pick items as quick as possible
- Processing new shipment using inventory management software
- Creating labels using keen attention to detail to ensure accuracy
If you have questions about this job, please click on apply. The employer will contact you then.